Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2015

My New Spring Break

Last week I had my first Spring Break as a faculty member instead of a student. It was quite a different experience.

Before you decide that this is going to be a rant about how busy I was, I did have some good fun over the break. In fact, once I'm out of grad school, I think my Spring Break will be a great week to relax and get ahead for classes. So, hopefully in 2013 I'll be basking in the sweet rays of the sun from my TV screen in the living room (I hate real heat, so a Florida beach isn't so high on my dream destination list).

I was able to get a lot of time spent on my grad school drawing class which in turn let me spend more time with my wonderful wife in the evenings, that was definitely nice. I also privileged to eat lunch with friends two days in a row, watch True Grit, spend a whole weekday with my wife, and we went out Saturday with my parents to Jungle Jim's, a huge grocery store with exotic international foods.

I basically caught myself up on grading and by then end of Sunday had enough ready to teach the next day. These things combined with getting more sleep than usual made this Spring Break a pretty good week.

I would have liked to work a little more ahead, but beggars can't be choosers. Oh yes, I did get to play 1.5 hours of Mario Galaxy 2 which was one of my goals I included in my last post.

Now it is pretty much a streamline for the finish. Just a few weeks left to get everything done before the end of the semester. Then on to my first new summer!

~~
You have a reputation for being straightforward and honest.

Learn Chinese: Birhday = Sheng-dan-jie
Lucky numbers (Lotto): 34-35-31-53-21-25
Daily numbers (Pick3): 695
~~

No comments:

Post a Comment