Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Whirlwind

Wow, the first week is over already? Where does the time go???

Anyhoot, I am now officially a tried and true knight of knowledge. I have taught two classes and I didn't pass out, no one laughed at me (unless I wanted them too), and no one dropped out of my classes. Wee.

My first day was pretty hectic and was literally like a motion blurred image. Tuesday night I stayed at my sister's apartment so I wouldn't have to get up quite so early on my first day. I decided to treat myself to Smashburger because that's something different and sounded like a good celebration meal. Well, Smashburger, of course, smashed my system. I spent the entire evening loathing my decision on the couch trying to finish up my presentation notes for Wednesday morning. Also, I left my undergarments and toiletries for the next day back at Cedarville. I didn't want to drive 1.5 hours to go get them, so I just took a shower in the morning and stole a little drip of my sister's girlie smelling body wash so I would feel semi-clean. I then ate a slice of bread (stomach sill not 100%) and headed off to face the day.

So, there I was in my classroom about 30 minutes early, starving and with no caffeine in sight. Everyone started drizzling in and I made it through the class to chapel. I really have no idea what I said that first hour to those 10 students. The class isn't super easy to grasp even if I was at 100%, but I at least told them about their assignment and had them fill out index cards about themselves. We also had a 10 minute discussion on the concept of 'yellow'.

I had a few hours til my next class and was able to eat some Subway. SALVATION! I felt so much better after that. My afternoon class only has 6 students and it's what you could call a 'fun' class. They were pretty excited about what we were going to be learning and I had an extremely fun hour talking with them and going over what we would learn.

Just because this is getting long, I'll quickly recap Friday, my next class day. It was way awesomer than Wednesday. I felt much more prepared and ready for the day, I had already met everyone, and by the end of the 9am class, people looked like they had some understanding growing within their eyes. I'm super excited about the semester and can't wait to see what my student's come up with over the next 15 weeks.

Off to finish my last syllabus. Still one class to go on Tuesday!


~"I don't care if the entire EARTH explodes! We can always relocate."

No comments:

Post a Comment