Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

5 Days

So. I'm down to my last week of work as a video editor before moving into the world of academia. I don't really think that it's quite hit me yet. As I was devouring my nectar ice ball from Sweettooth and discussing my ideas for class with my Dad, I realized I feel pretty much ready.

Feeling ready and being ready are different things however. I still have hours of planning and Powerpoint making left to do. I have to think up assignments, and how I'll grade them. Will I have to give any F's my first semester? I sure hope not. I did think up of a fun little aspect I can use as a 'calling card' for my classes today though. I think I'm going to implement Final Jeopardy on my tests. I'm going to pick some random, hard to know fact and include it as bonus on all my tests. This will have nothing to do with current subject matter, so everyone should have an equal chance at getting it right (except foreigners, but, oh well).

As I'm working on my last project at work, I realized today at 9am that I couldn't care less about it. Then, by 4pm, when I still didn't have all the pieces to me and it was due by 5, I started to care a bit. But alas, those days are soon to be over (until grades are due (but that's month's away)). I will not miss the weeks of slow days and then the week of Hade's wrath to make up for it. I'm thinking that overall, the schedule will become more regular once I'm teaching my classes. I'll let you know if I'm right or not.

Also, on a side note. The new Spiderman actor is from Union, Kentucky. He could have been my neighbor! So, I'll definitely be seeing that (duh! Spiderman!)

Well, again, 5 work days left. I'll let you know when I feel it, or if I don't. I just don't want to hyperventilate and pass out on 9am August 25th. Unless I do it to scare my first students ever ... now there's an idea ...

~"You will now put down your arms and return to work, or the dark
guardians will incinerate you where you stand. Please decide quickly."

No comments:

Post a Comment